>> Thursday, February 18, 2010
Why Cloth Diapers:
1. Fit most babies from birth to potty training.
2. Cloth diapers are more economical, Wash and Reuse,saving you thousands of dollars!
3. Cloth diapers are more reliable and less messy than disposables!
4. Cloth is more comfortable!
5. Cloth diapering is quick and EASY!
6. Cloth diapers are better for the environment!
How many diapers will I need?First of all you need to determine how often you will be doing laundry. With that in mind, here are some reasonable estimates of how many diapers you will need:
- Newborn to 4 months - 20 - 24 diapers
- Infant (4 to 10 months) - 16 - 20 diapers
- Toddler (10 months to potty training) - 12 - 16 diapers
Please note quantities are based on an average size baby and if you wash every other day. More diapers will be needed if you go longer between washings.
1. Wash diapers prior to first use to remove residues left behind from fabric manufacture (encourage to prewash 2-3 times before using).
2.If the diaper has been soiled, rinse into a bucket and then tip bucket contents down the toilet and flush.
3.DO NOT use bleach or fabric softeners. Please also avoid detergents with enzyme as it will deteriorate the absorption of CD.
4. Tumble dry on the warm weather. (You may also fan dry the cloth diapers by hanging them under a fan overnight.)